Dec 18, 2007

Setttled

On Katie's last post there are random pictures of the house when we first moved in, things were in disarray and slight chaos. Now, things have settled. Its hard to believe that its only been a few months since we moved into the God's Resort Community.
As i look back, and see how it was then, and how things are now i see many advancements. Closer relationships with the kids we are working with, boundaries that work to balance our lives, open doors into the homes of the other people that live at God's Resort.

Ive been thinking a lot about plans for the summer. There seems to be infinite options as to what i could do with that chunk of time. I ask that you pray for me as i make decisions about not only summer, but this spring as well.
I feel an uprising in my heart, i feel a call to not be conformed were i am and take another leap, like the one that took Katie and myself to God's Resort. I don't feel a call to move, just a call to not get to settled and forget the many things that we are able to do in the Lord's Name, and for his Glory. A feeling like im too comfortable were i am and there are still people out in the world that live in circumstances that should never be. I am amazed at the call that Jesus gave us. Just when we think we have it figured out, and can turn it into a method, is when he tugs on our heart and call us to HIM. I am feeling that call, to return simply to HIM. My Lord.

Christmas is almost here. This last sunday we had the Christmas gathering at the community house. Its was a blessing. I am almost done with my small gifts for the kids, im exited, I have been working on them since Cincinnati.
I love this quote that Emilie G. left on facebook. I think its a pretty good description of what happened this last week:
"The most eloquent testimony to the reality of the resurrection is not an empty tomb or a well-orchestrated pageant on Easter Sunday but rather a group of people whose life together is so radically different, so completely changed from the way the world builds a community, that there can be no explanation other than that something decisive has happened in history." - Will Willimon

1 comment:

Erica Stark said...

That's a great quote. You should ask Thom about Will Willimon. He was very influential in getting Thom thinking the way he thinks today.
Is it okay to tell you I'm super proud of you? And amazed. Your thinking about community and Christianity is being revolutionized, something I didn't think would happen. Shows how little faith I have in you and God.
I love you.