Jun 19, 2008

a much needed update from megan!

For some of you that didnt know i get the oportunity to go to Italy this summer (july 4th -17th) with CHCC. The missions trip to Italy is gettng closer and closer. This weekend we have our team retreat. I am exited. This will be the first time that i take a trip to a country in a different time zone, and that speak a different language. I am hoping to come out of this trip with more experience and wisdom that will help me with my tasks here at God's Resort. I have been praying about this trip and doing support raising. I am still a bit short on the money side. just $400 more dollars to get to my goal. I try not to stress about it and know that God will provide, but every once in a while i get just a tiny but stressed. I ask that you pray for me and the team as we prepare to leave and as we are there in Italy, serving to the best of our abilities.





Because of the dates of the Italy trip i will not be able to join the Mt Zion youth group in the CIY summer conference. This will be the first summer in 4 years that i dont go with them. Needless to say i am very much bummed. I will be thinking and praying for them as they travel north, but most importatly take steps in their spiritual journey and hopefully come closer to Christ.





Thom and Erica (my sister and brother in law) have set a moving date. They will be leaving Joplin on the 30th of this month. It still hasnt become a reality, the fact that they are leaving. Im sure i will post many a tearful note on here in the future. But it is so important for them to move on and continue on this path that God has put them on.





Summer fun! we are having some fun times down at God's Resort. Here are some photos to prove it! If you are in town this summer give us a call and come hang out!




Sometimes the kids gang up on Abi (shes the one at the bottom, you cant even see her face)

Boomtown where at the beggining of june. this is me, ash and destiny at the Jars of Clay concert!

the luna boys. i think its a fun pic. once again at boomtown days

yesterday was the College Heights church picnic. its quite an ordeal. the kids got to come and play on games and hang out.

after the picnic, Sergio and Antonio joined the college age in playing some hockey. here is antonio pretending to hit katies car.

No comments: